Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Monday, September 29, 2008
1. I chew the inside of my mouth when I'm nervous or bored...or tired...or cranky. Ok, i just chew the inside of my mouth. Gross habit and makes me look like a goof but there it is.
2. My husband and I met in a bar while I was living in Jasper, Alberta. He barely spoke English at the time and I spoke NO French. Now that we are both fluent in each other's languages, I'm amazed we made it through that period of our lives and still managed to get married. He is the love of my life.
3. In the bar mentioned above, I was a bouncer for 2 and a half years. I was not averse to throwing sloppy drunks out by the pants.
4. Sometimes, just sometimes, I like the smell of my own farts.
5. I used to be a rugby player and it boggles my mind that I used to be able to run around a pitch for 80 minutes chasing a ball. Now i get winded carrying the laundry down the stairs. Yeesh. I gotta get back into shape!
6. I worked backstage at the Rolling Stones Voodoo Lounge Tour when it came to Edmonton. Charlie Watts got me a cup of tea because, and I quote, "You look a bit knackered, love. Would you like some tea?"
7. This one isn't really about me but can be linked back to me...my hubs makes THE best mashed potatoes on the planet. What's the link back to me, you ask? I love to eat them. Simple.
Posted by Brandi Wiggins-Côté at 8:38 PM
I case'd the idea for this card from Carol at Carol's Card & More. She's in my upline or sideline or something like that. Anyway, I found her site through Josée Smuck who is also my upline. Talented bunch 'o chicks Josée's affiliation. Anyway, I've always wanted to have a house with cedar siding. There was a house that I walked by almost everyday in Jasper when I lived there that made me sigh every time. Super cute. I live my dreams through card stock. What can I say?
stamps: à ma fenêtre, mots chaleureux, those wee little letters that suck to put back in the box.
ink: bblack, rrock ink pads, rrust, ssaffron, oolive, ppie, pplum, cchip markers.
papers: rrust CS, cchip CS, rrock CS, water color paper.
accessories: small oval, word window, 1", 1/16" punches, crop-o-dile, twine, rrock ribbon, chip board, 3 d's.
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Monday, September 22, 2008
Saturday, September 20, 2008
I'm all over Beate's sketch like a fat kid on cake. It got my mojo pumpin'. I'm going to my upline's house this evening to do a bit of scrapbooking. I can't remember the last time I made a page. If it's not too embarrassing, I'll post it tomorrow. Ske-doosh.
stamps: define your life, eastern bloom
ink, versa mark, chocolate chip, staz-on black, chocolate chip marker
papers: ginger blossom (retired), chocolate chip CS, ruby red CS, pretty in pink CS, river rock CS.
accessories: jumbo eyelet antique brass, beachfront ribbon (retired), filigree brads, key tag punch, scallop border punch, cutter kit, 3 d's
Thursday, September 18, 2008
p.s. this photo doesn't show the detail very well. I just noticed how poor it was when I posted. Just imagine it 10x better IRL. Who's that girl with the big head? Oh wait...that's me.
stamps: unique à ton genre, eastern blooms
ink: so saffron, basic brown
paper: so saffron CS, whisper white CS, uptown DP (retired)
accessories: sherbet ribbon (retired), vintage brads, 3 flower, ticket corner, 1 3/4 circle punches, coluzzle, mat pack, floral frenzy and punches plus classy brass, 3 d's
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Here's a super cute 3D flower that I learned to make from a great video tutorial on the oh-so-talented Jenn Diercks blog. She rocks out loud. Go check out her site here. Please excuse the poor stamping of the word "bisous". I'm wicked tired. I spent the night in the hospital last night. I've developed a bit of a fragile stomach in the past year and for some unknown reason I keep having stomach spasms. So, after my #1 club wrapped up last night, I started having stomach pains. I tried to tough it out but ended up going to the emergency room at 2 a.m. I'm fine now but I gotta say, I'm pretty fed up with the whole situation. I'm done whining. I'm going to bed now. Slater, skaters.
stamps: scellé par un baiser
ink: old olive, black journal writer
papers: real red CS, summer picnic DP
accessories: jersey shore ribbon (retired), filigree brads
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
When I made the card for Beate's WSC, I had some left over "tiles" from the fab flowers. I REALLY like how the basic gray one turned out. The other one? ...meh.
I joined a SU! only blog group and I'm digging these ladies styles. You can take a gander at their art by clicking on any of the links under the Group #3 Chicks- SU! only heading on the left hand column. I don't know if they like me actually referring to them as "chicks". I'm a chick too and it's a term of endearment coming from me! Once again, it's midnight and here I am posting. You see how much I love you guys?? Going to bed now. Ske-doosh.
p.s. hey, is it just me or do you guys get a rush out of hitting spellcheck and realizing you've made no mistakes?...ok...I guess it's just me...the nerd. Ahem.