You'll end up with this. Angle the corners with your snips as shown. You can't see it very well in the photo but the un-angled tab on the left has 2 score marks very close together. This is to give a bit of room for the flap to close when the album is assembled. Use your bone folder and fold all the score lines.
Put a strip of adhesive on the two angled tabs.
Also put an adhesive strip on the back of the un-angled tab.Close the pocket being careful to leave a bit of play as this is where the "mini mini" album will go. If it's too tight, the album will not fit.Use the key tag punch as shown. Set the pocket aside until later on.
Take the second, larger piece of CS and on the 10 7/8" side, score at 5 3/8", and 5 9/16.
Turn the CS to the 9 7/8" side and score at 4 15/16".
Cut out the shaded area of the CS.Fold with a bone folder on all the score lines.Add a strip of adhesive as shown in photo. Add another one on the left hand side too. I forgot to take a pic but you can see where to place it further down in the tutorial.Adhere your pocket that you assembled earlier as shown in photos.
Fold down the flap in the middle section so it covers the flap from the pocket.
Fold down the flap on the cover piece (see where the other piece of adhesive goes? I thought about it afterward...I told you guys, it's my first tutorial!) Before you do this, use the key tag punch on the cover flap like you did on the pocket. I used the 1 1/4" punch at first but I screwed up and ended up going back to use the key tag. Narf.
this is what the album will look like after it's all assembled. To keep the album closed, I used a magnetic snap. At first, I put it under the flap of the cover and inside the pocket. Then I re-thought it because I don't find the smaller mag snaps to be that strong. Instead, I put them under the patterned paper that I used to decorate the album. Worked like a charm!
Here's my final product. I hope you guys enjoyed my first ever tutorial. Especially because I almost went bald from pulling my hair out while typing this up on Blogger...ahem.
i made a tag to fit into the opening on the cover. It's to tight to hold much else.